Cooking class in Bogota
Duration: 5 hours Price: £ 65 / EUR 78 / US$ 104per person
This cooking experience offers you a great opportunity to learn first-hand about Colombian cuisine. During this experience, you will be able to cook a traditional Colombian meal as well as immerse yourself in day-to-day life in Bogota. First, we will shop for lunch at Plaza de Paloquemao, one of the largest and most popular markets in Bogota. You will be amazed by the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables found there. Then, we will go to a cooking school to attend a class and learn to prepare a delicious Colombian dish.
Definitely, the perfect tour for curious travellers looking to have new culinary experiences everywhere they go!
Experience Type: Gastronomy and Culture
Departure days: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (To see available dates check our website)
Departure time: Tuesday (9:30 am), Thursday and Friday (9:00 am)
Departure point: We will pick you up from your hotel.
We believe everything you need for the day is included:
- Transfer to and from the hotel
- Guided tour in English
- Ingredients for Lunch
- Cooking class
- Lunch and drinks mentioned in the itinerary
- Any other personal expenses and tips
- Plaza de Paloquemado – Paloquemado Market: This is one of the most important and traditional markets in Bogota. It was founded in 1946, and then moved to its current location in 1967. It is a great place to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, fish and much more.
- Cooking class and Colombian Cuisine La Colombian cuisine may not be world-famous yet, but it is diverse and characterised by a delicious and unique fusion of flavours identified by the combination and influence of pre-Columbian, Afro-American and Spanish cultures. You will learn how to cook one of the most traditional Colombian dishes at our selected cooking school.
At the Paloquemao Market (Plaza de Paloquemao):
We will pick you up from your hotel and then go straight to the market at Plaza de Paloquemao. This market is one of the most popular places for locals to buy fresh produce, meat, flowers, and more! You will find an impressive range of fruits and vegetables as we walk around the market and search for the best places to buy all the ingredients for lunch.
Plaza de Paloquemado is the perfect environment to interact with the locals and learn about day-to-day life in Bogota. And, we won’t leave the market without trying a delicious freshly made fruit juice!
At the cooking school
Once we have everything we need, we will drive to the cooking school to prepare our lunch. We will prepare a traditional Colombian dish with the guidance of a skilled chef. Once the food is cooked, we will sit down to enjoy a delicious Colombian lunch!
After our culinary and cultural experience, we will drop you at your hotel.