Coffee farm day trip from Bogota
Duration: 8 hours Price: £80 / EUR 96 / US$ 128 per person
Join us on a day trip from Bogota to a functioning coffee farm in Fusagasuga, just two hours away from Bogota, and learn firsthand about the coffee-making process, from planting coffee beans to the final steps of harvesting and roasting.
At the farm, you will learn about the different types of crops, variety of colours and sizes of coffee beans, and how to pick coffee cherries from the coffee plants while becoming a coffee harvester for a few minutes. This trip will be a great experience to learn about the coffee-making process but also to enjoy the great weather of Fusagasuga and the beautiful gardens in the Hacienda..
Experience Type: Interactive farming and culture
Departure days: From Monday to Sunday (To see available dates check our website)
Departure time: 8 am
Departure point: We will pick you up from your hotel.
We believe everything you need for the day is included:
- Transfer to and from the hotel
- A professional tour guide, fluent in English
- Typical Colombian lunch
- Entry tickets to the Coffee Farm
- Any other personal expenses and tips
- “Hacienda Santa Coloma”: This This is a local coffee farm in Fusagasuga, a town that lies about 2 hours outside Bogota. Hacienda Santa Coloma is a real functioning coffee farm where you will have the rare and unique opportunity to learn about the planting, picking, drying and roasting processes that culminate in your morning cup of coffee.
- Coffee Experience near Bogota: A coffee expert at the farm will explain the details of each step in the process, from planting coffee beans to the final steps of harvesting and roasting. You will learn how to select and pick only the ripe coffee cherries, which will allow you to become a real coffee harvester for a few minutes.
We will pick you up from your hotel to start our tour to the coffee farm “Hacienda Santa Coloma “ in Fusagasuga. The journey from Bogota to Fusagasuga will take approximately 2 hours.
Once we arrive to the farm, we will learn about the entire coffee-making process from seed to coffee cup. A coffee expert at the farm will explain the details of each step in the process, from planting coffee beans to the final steps of harvesting and roasting. You will learn how to select and pick only the ripe coffee cherries, which will allow you to become a real coffee harvester for a few minutes. After that, you will learn how the coffee beans are dried, inspected for imperfections and sorted by size and weight.
At the end of this unforgettable experience visiting the plantation, you will have some free time to enjoy the beautiful gardens and appreciate the unique landscape and atmosphere of the farm.
After leaving Hacienda Santa Coloma, we will head for lunch at a wonderful local restaurant that serves a la carte typical Colombian food. After lunch, we will head off to explore the small town of Fusagasuga for a few minutes.
Fusagasusa is known as “La Ciudad Jardin” (The Garden City). Therefore, you will be able to see the variety of and beauty of the plethora of flowers being sold and grown in Fusagasuga. It is not unusual to see a number of flower stores right next to each other, all jostling for business. After our short visit to this beautiful Colombian town, we will begin our journey back to Bogota.