In 2012 Uncover Colombia started trading as an international tour operator offering seasoned international travellers the opportunity to discover, experience and enjoy Colombia and the incredible human quality of its people.
The management team got together in December to evaluate the progress of the project to date, brainstorm ideas and, above all, have a little celebratory fun 😉
During the first year of operation, Uncover Colombia has come a long way as a company:
- We are now a trading company registered in England and Wales and in Colombia (lots of paperwork…)
- Our blog managed 10,000 visits from a standstill start (not bad for 10 months) and it currently has 100 loyal followers (thanks guys… really!)
- We now have more than 500 fans in Facebook and 180ish in Twitter who patiently endure our constant upbeat talk about Colombia and hit the “like” button from time to time whenever we manage to say something clever, and most importantly,
- We launched our first tours in Bogota, started taking bookings and operating!
It has been a great experience so far and our team is more motivated than ever to turn Uncover Colombia into a quality name for tourism in Colombia.
So what’s next in 2013?
- More tours to be launched of course! (one and two-week trips around Colombia, more experiences in Bogota and surroundings)
- Website: Following a number of technical glitches, our website will see the light of day in the very near future (fingers crossed)
- Keep growing, reaching more people and generally continuing having fun while we tell the world about this undiscovered wonder called Colombia
Thank you so much to those of you who have supported us in 2012. Let’s continue our journey in 2013. We are eager to share the road with as many of you as possible.
As the poet Antonio Machado said:
“Traveller, there is no path,
The path is made by walking…”
See you in 2013!
The Uncover Colombia team